Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Brigette DePape vs. Hans-Hermann Hoppe

So I've been gone for a while. Decided to bum around the Maritime provinces, just to see what was East of Montreal... What did I learn from my experience? Our stupid health-care system unites the people of this country more than any fucking railroad could. Also, Canadians tend to like government.

On a positive note, I did manage to meet some libertarians/anarchists, so not all hope is lost.

What happened while I was away? Apparently not much. Other than some Page with an opinion. Brigette DePape has been praised by Michael Moore for a protest that consisted of silently holding up a sign during Parliament. The sign read "Stop Harper."

This reminds me of those idiotic Tea-Party Republicans that are only protesting Obama because John McCain lost.

DePape, your side lost. Harper won. Live with it.

A more effective protest would have been if the sign said: "Stop Democracy."

The problem isn't a "democratic deficit" or Harper's "secret agenda" to destroy Canada. The problem is the State itself.

It's a problem I like to write about often, but for now I have no energy to do so. So here's an excellent lecture by Hans-Hermann Hoppe. The title of the talk is "State or Private Law Society?" but it might as well be called "Common Sense" or "Rational Observations."

No comments:

Post a Comment