Monday, July 4, 2022

Defunct

 This blog is defunct now. As in dead, deceased, finished the course of its life.


I probably no longer hold any of the opinions you'll find here, even those tagged Poe's Law.


This blog was an exercise in thinking and writing. I had fun doing it, and I hope you had fun reading it. But let's be honest, TANSTAAFL Cringe! is more like it, amirite?


I don't know. I haven't bothered re-reading any of this. I'm sure it's not that bad. I was just some 20-year-old kid who'd read Murray Rothbard for the first time and wanted to express himself. 


So I thought I'd stop by and make the defunct'ing official. Just in case someone comes snooping along and wants to hold me accountable. 


Don't you hate that? Why do people get in trouble for past tweets or blogs or whatever? It assumes the person who wrote the offensive thing is the same person who stands before you today. It also assumes the mean and nasty tweet is considered offensive by everybody. Many hilarious jokes have been misinterpreted, and that's a shame.


Seems we still haven't figured out that everything is moving. Things are perceived on a marginal basis. You can't ignore marginal utility. It's baked into reality. Or at least our version of it.


The mind is entirely metaphysical. The brain and body conspire to create it. But it's a runaway greenhouse effect in the brain department. We may be too self-aware.

 

Do you know why we can't remember when we were babies? Because we didn't have language, we didn't really have consciousness. Not in a strict sense. 


Anyway, I'm rambling. Blog's done. I've got a substack if you want to read that, but I barely update it because I'm too busy with work.


Speaking of which - I am a freelance content and copywriter, so contact me if you need any of that done. My niches are cannabis, psychedelics, well-being, self-improvement, business and politics.


No comments:

Post a Comment